Energetic storyteller utilizing clear, easy-to-understand writing to convey new ideas and share important, relevant news. Experienced entertainment reporter who focuses on film, television, and anime, but able to write about a wide range of topics, including theme parks and video games. Successful content writer and marketer, adept in optimizing website content and advising clients on content marketing strategies to fit their needs.
Newsweek: November 2021 – April 2022
AP News Fellow
- Wrote news articles based on Associated Press Newsroom releases.
- Adhered to Newsweek’s style guidelines.
- Followed breaking news and consistently updated stories to reflect new details.
as Hiring Associate, December 2021 – present
- Use my knowledge of Collider’s style and expectations to sort through candidates.
- Onboard new writers.
- Act as a middle-man to Collider and potential candidates during the application and hiring processes.
as Features Writer, June 2021 – present
- Write long-form essays and film criticism on trending topics in entertainment, discussing changes in the industry and how new film releases challenge cinema status-quo
- Publish researched watch lists for viewers interested in getting started with a genre or series, such as “Blood, Terror, and Torsos: Five Italian Giallo You Can Watch Right Now“
as Movie/TV News Writer, March 2021 – December 2021
- Report on the latest news and releases in a variety of mediums and genres
- Produce and edit articles for fast turnaround to meet publication deadlines
- Achievements include breaking the news of Christina Ricci’s casting in The Matrix: Resurrections
as Content Marketing Specialist, June 2020 – October 2021
- Meet with clients to discuss marketing needs and present suggested content strategies to increase website traffic and meet marketing goals.
- Optimize many different websites with fresh content to reflect current goals and wants.
as Content Marketing Intern, May 2020 – June 2020
- Promoted to a full-time employee within two weeks of being hired for excellence in content marketing.
Freelance Entertainment Writer: 2018 – present
- Write for a variety of online entertainment publications including AiPT Comics, Fangoria, and Little White Lies.
- Manage concurrent writing and editing projects across multiple publications.
- Pitch content to editors and maintain collaborative relationships with publication editors.
as Senior Editor, 2019 – 2021
- Edited and published works of Gargoyle writers.
- Helped to connect Flagler College with the larger St. Augustine community.
as Reporter, 2018 – 2019
- Interviewed local school officials and covered local news of importance.
For references, contact me at email@example.com